This doesn’t require too many items to make and you might have most of them at home already.
- Craft sticks
- Fleece sheet
- Googly eyes
- Paint brush
- First paint your craft sticks with the paint color of your choice. Since this craft has octopus details on the front and back you’ll need to paint both sides.
- While you are waiting for the paint to dry trace circles on the fleece and cut them out. I used a cup for my circle template.
- Glue the eyes to the fleece circle. Your octopus head is done!
- Once the paint on the sticks is dry you can now glue them. Spread the sticks out so the legs are equally sticking out. Put one drop of glue in the middle of each stick. While the glue is went you can manipulate how spread out you want the legs to be.
- Once that glue has dried you can glue the head to the middle of the top stick.
- Once all of that glue is dried, flip the octopus onto it’s back. Put glue dots on the edge of the legs as spaced out as you want. I tried to have them not exactly line up. I also decided to use gold sequence because I wanted the suction cups (sequence) to stand out.
- Wait until it is all dry and now your done! You can hang your octopus since there is decoration on both sides. Or your kids can play some under the sea game with them. Either way they are cute to look at and fun to play with!
I love craft stick crafts because they are simple and usually pretty quick. If you also love craft stick crafts here are some other easy tutorials you can try.
More Craft Stick Crafts
More Sea-Themed Crafts
Thanks for visiting!