It’s craft stick craft time and I’m so excited! By now you’ve seen a ton of craft stick crafts on Making of a Mom and I just love them. They are cute, easy, inexpensive, and appropriate for many age levels. These work awesome at my house with my kids 5-12. Craft stick crafts are perfect busy activity for holiday’s, snow days, weekends or even after school. Here we go with the Craft Stick Cardinal Craft.
6 large wood craft sticks
Red craft paint, paint brush
Pair large googly eyes
Brown and yellow craft felt
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by applying two coats of red paint to one side only of the craft sticks. Allow to dry.
2. Turn the sticks over revealing the unpainted side. Line them up side by side. Glue an additional stick along the back side of the row to hold them all together. Allow to dry.
3. Turn the sticks back over. Cut out your cardinal’s embellishments including two oval wings and a triangle for the beak. For extra detail, you can add fringe to the sides of the oval wings.
4. Glue the googly eyes at the top of the face, and glue the triangle beak directly under.
5. Finish by adding some glue to the ovals and placing them on the side of the cardinal’s body. Hold in place until secure.
6. Once all your pieces are dry and in place your cardinal is ready to be displayed.
Like I previously mentioned, I love craft stick crafts. If you are interested in more craft stick crafts I have an octopus, flag, flag magnet, spider, ghost puzzle, owl, and emoji bookmarks. Tons of craft stick fun to be had for several holidays and beyond!
Do you have any ideas for craft stick crafts? I’m always on the look out!