I was invited for a 3 night stay at Tuckaway Shores Resort and to explore the Space Coast of Florida. While I was there all my expenses were paid. All opinions are my own.
70 minutes Southeast of Orlando is the quaint town of Indiatlantic, Florida. This town and its surrounding neighbors are home to a style of Florida that has long past in the bigger cities. This is what they call “Authentic Florida”. So what does authentic Florida mean? It means smaller resorts, personalized service, friendly people and an overall amazing experience. I would ask you to consider, the next time you head on vacation, to consider skipping the high-rise, tons of people and crowded beaches and head to the Space Coast of Florida.
Tuckaway Shores Resort, pictured above, is a lovely resort that offers more than it might seem. The staff is friendly, personable and will treat you like family. The rates are fantastic when considering your proximity to the beach (you’re basically ON it!). The cleanliness is unbeatable. Tuckaway Shores has won the Superior Small Lodging “White Glove” award for the past 5 years! This means that an unannounced person from Superior Small Lodging has stopped by and visited rooms with a white glove and that Tuckway Shores has passed the test! I can offer my own witness that the resort is exceptionally clean.
It’s true when you look at pictures of the resort it may come across as a little dated. I was in fact worried about this as I anticipated my trip. I found upon my arrival that though it might be a little dated (the green carpet gives it away) it is still superior to any chain hotel I have ever stayed. I did learn that the suites will soon be going through upgrades with new furniture and carpet through the next year or so. That’s really exciting news!
The suites are clean, HUGE and beautiful. I stayed in a second floor suite facing the ocean. Seriously, Tuckaway Shores is so close to the ocean that when I called my husband to say I had arrived I was standing in the living room. I then opened the door to my balcony and stood on it and my husband said “Did you go outside? I can hear the ocean” without me having said anything to him. It is right there and really loud. It’s wonderful!
Advantages of staying at Tuckaway Shores
As I have previously mentioned, now that I have experienced an “authentic Florida” style resort, I am in love and planning a trip with my family. Here are all the wonderful reasons you should consider it too:
- Proximity to the beach. Forget your car and driving to the beach. Just head out the back of the resort and you are there.
- Secluded Beach. Tuckaway Shores is on a secluded beach. This means play all day without any crowds. Your kids can run and be free without disturbing anyone. When you are done playing, you don’t need to hop in a car and get sand everywhere, just rinse off near the resort and then go to your room. It’s all RIGHT THERE!
- Free beach chairs and toys to play with.
- Heated pool for times when the Atlantic Ocean is just too cold.
- Friendly staff that will treat you like family and clean your suite like they are staying in it themselves.
- Kitchenette with full-sized refrigerator. Save money by purchasing groceries and eating in your suite. With a refrigerator, microwave, stove top, coffee pot, sink and fully stocked cupboards, you can feed your family without the expense of restaurants (though, there are delicious restaurants very nearby).
- Suites with a view. Each room has a great view. There are ocean front suites and suites with a side view. Where ever your suite, it is close to the beach and offers a beautiful view. I loved sitting on m balcony enjoying the sound of the ocean and the beauty around me.
- Large rooms! The suites have two rooms, a room with a queen bed and then a living/dining/kitchen room. In the living room has a couch with a pull out bed. These suites are large enough for my family of 5 to have plenty of space.
- Free Wifi and onsite guest laundry.
- Tons of fun attractions nearby including the Kennedy Space Center, Port Canaveral and the Exploration Tower and Brevard Zoo, along with great shopping.
One of my favorite parts of staying at Tuckaway Shores was the unobscured view to the ocean, the sunrises and sunsets. Even though I was kind of on vacation, I still awoke early to experience the beauty of the sunrise. Let me just say, Florida has the most beautiful skies!
I’m already planning my trip back with my family. My kids will love playing on the beach, I will love that they can rinse their sandy bodies off right at the resort and head to our room a few feet away. I can’t wait for them to see this truly unique spot in Florida. Even though I was only there for 4 days, it will always carry a special place in my heart. I can’t seem to find words that adequately describe how much I loved my time at Tuckaway Shores Resort but I did and I highly recommend it. I really am in love!
To learn more about Tuckaway Shores Resort you can visit their website. You can also get social with Tuckaway Shores on Facebook and Twitter. If you have questions, ask them on their social media pages, they will respond!
I have so many pictures from my trip that I wanted to share, so please watch this slide show with photos of the resort, ocean and skies.