One of my favorite sites to visit everyday is Pick Your Plum. They have daily deals on amazing things from crafts to clothes and home decor. Last year, yes I am that much of a procrastinator, I purchase these naked wood firework blocks. This year I decided to make them. Don’t fret, if you don’t have the pre-made kit from Pick Your Plum it is easy enough to find some scrap wood and make this easy decoration for your home.
What you need:
- Red, White and Blue acrylic paint
- 3 paint brushes
- 3 wood blocks of varying height
- 1 wooden star
- 3 two-inch pieces of wire
- 2 ft. of twine
- In the tops of each block of wood drill a small whole about 1/2 inch deep into the block. This will enable you to easily place the wire “wicks” into your fireworks.
- Paint each block and the star the colors of your choosing.
- While waiting for the blocks to dry, take your wire and wrap it around a pencil 4-5 times to create the “swirly” tops.
- Once blocks are dry insert wire “wick”.
- Place star in the location you want it and then tie it onto the blocks with the twine several times. Tie a knot in the back to keep the twine in place.
**TIP: To keep the blocks secure and in place you can glue them to each other. You can also glue the star where you want it as well.**
For more 4th of July fun, check out this Pinterest board for craft, recipes and party ideas!