Disclosure: I received compensation for writing this post. Regardless, all experiences and opinions are my own. Yours may differ.
I have mentioned before about starting a franchise but I’d like to talk about it again. I consider myself a small business owner running my blog. I have costs associated and have to keep track of my payroll. It isn’t as involved as owning a franchise but I can understand it a little.
Owning a Supercuts franchise is one of the easiest franchises to own for many reasons.
The hair care industry is stable. It is a need based business, not a want based business. (Frozen yogurt is a want, but a haircut is a need, both in good times and in bad.)
Cutting Hair cannot be made technologically obsolete.
Services must be performed by a licensed professional, you won’t ever be cutting hair, you will be in charge of running the business instead.
It’s simple to own a Supercuts. You don’t have a high amount of staff, inventory costs are low, hours are especially reasonable compared to other franchise industries such as food, automotive, child care, fitness, etc.
The Supercuts brand is widely recognized. It’s also backed by national advertising, robust web and mobile presence and the Supercuts brand is sought after nationally.
Though the Regis Corporation does continue the education of your hairstylists to stay on the cutting edge you don’t need to know anything about cutting hair, just business! Here is the role of the franchisee.
- Recruiting a strong staff
- Establishing ties to your local community
- Selecting and implementing marketing plans
- Building income by executing company strategies
- Empowering employees by delegating responsibility
- Working with Regis to ensure the growth of your company
- Providing vision and accountability for operational excellence
As a Supercuts franchisee you will benefit from multiple revenue streams:
- Haircuts: The core of our service offerings include three haircut options: the Supercut™, the Supercut Jr.™, and the Supercut Sr.™
- Salon Services: Supercuts salons offer a full range of services that include: shampoo conditioning treatments, blow dry/styling, beard/band trim, hair coloring, waxing, and our Tea Tree Experience.
- Hair Products: We offer an assortment of some of the most popular brands in hair products today including: Paul Mitchell, Matrix Biolage, Redken, It’s a 10, Nioxin, and American Crew.
This is also an industry where people become loyal customers. When I find a hairstylist I like, I stick with that person until either of us move! You will find that you will have low customer turnover!
If you have ever thought about franchising (I have… a lot!) perhaps Supercuts is the perfect franchise for you to consider!