Starting a weight loss program is hard enough. It can not only be overwhelming, but it can be mentally and physically challenging. It’s hard to know where to start! That is why I recommend starting with one simple step. Water. It’s an easy step to start with. Everyone can do it! Here is how it is going to help you with weight loss:
- Ice it up! Drink your water over ice or cold. Your body will have to burn calories to warm up the water and it’s a win-win! Hydration AND calorie burning.
- Keep it running! Proper hydration levels help your metabolism run smoothly. When your body is fueled appropriately, it will run more efficiently.
- Bottoms up! Drink a glass of water before you eat a meal. It helps you feel full and eat way less calories.
- Put that down! The un-healthy snacks that is. Drinking water helps you keep those not so healthy snacks at bay. Water will fill you up when you are thirsty and not let your body trick you into thinking you’re hungry when you’re really thirsty.
- It’s Free! Water is free and easily accessible. Some diets can be expensive. Not water. You can drink up and barely spend a penny.
- Save money! Staying hydrated with water helps keep you from drinking calorie filled sodas, energy drinks, and coffees.
That’s it! Easy peasy! Go fill up right now and start drinking more water today. As part of my Take Shape for Life program I drink 100 ounces of water a day. You might need to work your way up to that amount, though.
What is your favorite way to use water for weight loss?