This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampaignHashtag #CollectiveBias
Spaghetti Pie is one of the recipes I acquired from my husband. This isn’t something I had ever heard of until I had it with his family. It’s a pretty kid friendly food as you can add and omit different things in the recipe according to your family’s likes and dislikes. This is a quick and easy recipe to fit into your back-to-school routine.
Baked Spaghetti Pie
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 TBS margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1/2 ground beef
- 1 jar Prego Italian Sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese grated
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- While noodles are warm, add parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Place in 9×13 pan.
- Melt margarine and saute onion and bell pepper, then cool. Add this to sour cream and pour over spaghetti.
- Cook and drain meat, then add the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour over the sour cream layer.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
This is a really yummy dinner. To make it kid friendly at my house we skip the onions and peppers at this point. Speaking of picky eaters, we always try to have at least one thing on the table that each family member will enjoy. We don’t like to fight over food at meal times so if there is something on the table they like, everything goes better. With the baked spaghetti pie we also placed little servings of Pace Picante Sauce on the table. Pace is a family favorite so it helped make this a winner for the whole family.
If you think you want to try out this recipe, check out these awesome coupons to save money on these and more items! It’s nice to save money where you can with all the back-to-school shopping happening now.
What are your favorite family meals that are easy to add into the back-to-school routine? I need more ideas!