- Clean your house early, then keep it that way. I know you’re thinking “How can I keep my house clean with 4 kids living in it?” That’s what I’m thinking! With a little bit of pick up every night the house can stay clean. Don’t go to bed leaving dishes in the sink, or toys scattered around the living room. Enlist help from your kids and do a quick five minute clean up before bed. It’s easier to do little bits of cleaning every night than major cleaning every few days.
- LISTS! List everything. Food, paper products, gifts, to-dos, errands that need to be run. List every little thing to make sure you don’t forget anything. It’s easy for things to slip through the cracks. I always have my phone with me so I carry a sticky note on the back of it to write items I think of when I’m away from my lists. If you are good at checking lists on your phone, make them on your phone. I need the physical reminder of the note ON my phone.
- Stock up on the essentials. With special meals planned and extra guests in the house it means you’ll need extra paper towels, toilet paper and facial tissues. Be prepared! I love that by shopping for these things at Walmart.com I can get free two day shipping so I don’t have to leave my house,OR get in store pick up where I just sit in a comfy chair and they bring all the items to me. I usually pick this option because I’m out and about anyways.
- Now that you are stocked up on all the items makes sure you spread them throughout your house. Get the bathrooms stocked with Cottonelle and Kleenex. Get some Viva print paper towels in your kitchen. Make sure your guests have access to all the things they need during their visit.
- Save money where ever you can. This tends to be an expensive time of year with gifts for teachers, family, friends, kids, and more. With the Ibotta app you can save money on a LOT of things, including those essentials from above. For example, save up to $1 on Viva paper towel products, save $1.50 on Kleenex, save $1 on Cottonelle, or save $.75 on Scott toilet paper. The money saving offers are there with a little looking!
- Let these household essentials be part of your decor. With the beautiful winter print Viva paper towels, why not have that be some of your kitchen decor? I especially love the Kleenex ovals with the holiday pictures. Sprinkle those throughout your house in the kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, anywhere you think, and that room is instantly festive!
- Take a little “me time” break when you feel on the verge of breaking down. Go to a quiet place where you can just breathe for a moment. Draw a bath and relax. Go out to eat with a friend. Whatever you feel you need, take a moment and to renew your strength to complete all your tasks.
- Enjoy it! Don’t let everything over burden you so much that you can’t enjoy this time of year. It’s such a beautiful season of giving, increased love for others, and service. Slow down and enjoy this time of year, it’ll be over in a month. You got this!
What other tips do you have to help us enjoy the holidays and not stress too much? I’d love to hear them so I can add them to my list… see what I did there?