My kids love decorating for holidays so we thought of this easy and cute way to get our house all dolled up for Thanksgiving. This Turkey Door Decoration Tutorial is really easy to do, and inexpensive. It’s really simple, only took a few minutes and the kids were involved every step of the way. Here’s how to make your own Turkey Door.
Turkey Door Decoration Tutorial
The supplies for this door decoration may already be on hand in your home. A few easy to find supplies will make a super cute idea that helps ring in the Thanksgiving holiday for your family. You can customize the top with a Happy Thanksgiving message if you want to make it even more!
- 2 white paper plates
- 1 sheet black contraction paper
- 1 sheet of 12×12 yellow construction paper
- 1 sheet red construction paper
- Cut out 2 black circles (about 3 inch diameter, depending on the size of your paper plates) and glue on paper plates.
- Take yellow 12×12 paper and fold diagonally to form beak.
- With the red paper we cut a curvy, thick line to act as the turkey’s “snood” that hangs from male turkey’s beaks.
- Attach all the elements to the door to form your turkey face. We used duct tape to attach the pieces. PRO TIP: If you use duct tape, there will be residue on your door when you take the turkey down. Scrubbing your door with WD40 will remove the residue and make your door look brand new. If you don’t want this problem, consider using a lighter tape or perhaps a ticky tack putty.
Doing this will make it easy to celebrate the holiday without a lot of extra expense. It’s also a great way to get your kids involved in the Thanksgiving door decoration. The entire family helping decorate really gets the holiday theme going for our home, and I am pretty sure it will for yours!
Brings some entertainment to your Thanksgiving table with these fun Thanksgiving Placemats: