Time to start prepping your holiday feast. I know a lot of people have traditional dishes they like to serve. We sure do! But I’m also open to trying some new dishes. Who knows, if they are good they might become tradition.
This Green Bean Casserole with Bacon looks and sounds amazing. This is on my Thanksgiving meal list! If you need a Paleo or Clean Eating Holiday Meal Plan they also have that available! Check out eMeals, it’s makes a great gift. I gave a subscription to my Mom last Christmas.
Enjoy this free recipe from eMeals.
Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
- 2 (12-oz) packages steam-in-bag green beans
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.8-oz) container French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook beans in microwave as directed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to beans in bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Crumble bacon, and add to beans. Reserve 1 Tbsp drippings in skillet. Cook onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Add to beans. Stir in Alfredo sauce and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with French fried onions. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.