Recently I decided to experiment for dinner. This experiment turned into Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers.
I have been craving shrimp often lately and so on our last trip to Aldi we bought a bag of pre-cooked, frozen shrimp. One night I didn’t have a plan for dinner and my husband was going to be home in 20 minutes, I was looking through the freezer, spotted the bag and came up with this skewer idea.
- Bag of frozen pre-cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter- melted
- 2 cloves of garlic- minced
- cocktail sauce- optional
- Lemon – optional
- Thaw shrimp according to package directions
- Skewer 5 shrimp on wooden skewers
- Add minced garlic to melted butter and combine
- Place skewered shrimp on grill (I used my panini maker since it was cold outside)
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side; brush top side of shrimp with garlic butter then flip and repeat
Serve shrimp with lemon slices and cocktail sauce if desired.