The time has arrived to get down to some serious gift wrapping. I love to hunker down in my basement with my husband, turn on the TV and wrap for hours. If you are getting ready to do your own gift wrapping, there are a few essentials what you’re going to need.
Holiday Gift Wrap Workshop Essentials
- Decorate your packages with stickers. Season’s Greetings, Happy Holidays or other stickers would make a great addition to your presents or letters.
- Every card and present must be labeled, which means you need nice pens.
- Be prepared to write a nice ‘Thank You” card to those who give you gifts. Keep a pack of cards ready to go so you can send off cards as soon as gifts come. Etiquette states you should send your ‘thank you’s’ within a week of receiving the gift, so be prepared!
- Some gifts require extra decorations. Ribbons and bows will help you make a gift extra special.
- You will go through many rolls of wrapping paper during the season so be prepared with lots. I love to have a variety of colors of paper under my tree so we use at least 5 different types of paper and throw in some gift bags to add more shape.
- Tags! Each gift needs a tag. I like to use fun, cute tags for my kids but classy, elegant tags for my friends and family. Office Depot has a selection of both.
- Some year’s I let my kids make their own Christmas cards to insert with gifts to their grandparents. Markers are needed for decorating.
- There is a lot of cutting involved with gift wrapping. Wrapping paper and ribbons all need to be cut. If you have sharp scissors, the whole process goes a lot smoother.
- You might want to have some headphones available if you sneak off during the day to wrap gifts. If you are wanting to listen to music while you wrap, it might be too loud to do that at night, so headphones are a great solution.
- Tape, tape, tape! I go through a LOT of tape when I wrap gifts. Make sure you have lots of rolls so you can make it through all your gifts.
Office Depot and Office Max have your Holiday Workshop covered. You’ll feel like one of Santa’s Elves with all of your supplies and ability to endlessly wrap. You can also pick up some great tech holiday gifts when you get your supplies!