These warm, gooey and delicious crepes are perfect for breakfast or dessert. Plus they are beautiful!
Caramel Apple Crepes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- milk to make batter thin (about 1 cup, added in 1/4 cup increments)
- In a blender blend the eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, vanilla and milk. Add milk, mixing in-between additions, until batter is very thin.
- Spray frying pan with cooking oil with each new crepe.
- Pour a little less than 1/2 cup of batter into the bottom of frying pan and quickly swirl batter until it has spread over the entire bottom of the pan. It should be very thin.
- When lightly brown (less than 1 minute, on average) flip over to the other side to lightly brown.
- To serve, fold in fourths on a serving plate.
Filling & Topping: – Yield: filling and topping for 3 crepes
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Caramel Sundae Topping
- Combine dry ingredients: cinnamon, sugar, cornstarch.
- Add water and apples.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Microwave 2 minutes on high.
- Stir, test apples to see if they are your desired tenderness.
- If you want the apples more tender continue to microwave at 1 minute increments.
- Let set for 2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
Building your Crepe:
- Scoop desired amount of cinnamon apples into crepe.
- Drizzle caramel over apples.
- Sprinkle apples and drizzle caramel over top.
Love crepes? Check out my Strawberries & Cream Crepe recipe!