Love is in the air as Valentine’s Day approaches. My kids love to celebrate each holiday so I have been having fun creating treats for my kids for Valentine’s Day. My first treat of the Valentine season was these cute White Chocolate Dipped Oreos. I actually used Mint White Chocolate, but you can use whatever chocolate you prefer.
If you would like to recreate these tasty, yet beautiful treats, here is what you’ll need.
- Candy Wafers for dipping Oreos
- Candy Wafers – if you want to add the heart embellishment on top
- Heart Mold
- Wax Paper for drying
- Heat the chocolate you want to dip the Oreos in, on the stove on low heat (only my dial I had the heat set on between 3-4). Stirring often.
- Lay out wax paper on flat surface for Oreos to cool on.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted turn heat even lower. If the chocolate gets too hot it will become chunky and not smooth on the Oreos.
- Individually place an Oreo in the chocolate. Flip over and completely coat. Use a fork to lift out of chocolate and tap off excess.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
Once the Oreos are cooling on the wax paper you can decorate them any way you want. I used color sugar and sprinkled a couple of the Oreos but I didn’t really like how it looked. I decided to make some multi-colored chocolate hearts to place on top.
Tips for melting chocolate in molds:
- While you can pipe the chocolate into the molds, I prefer using plastic squeeze bottles.
- You can place the chocolate directly in the bottle and heat it in the microwave.
- Once you are finished with the chocolate in the bottles let it cool. Once the chocolate is cool you can squeeze the bottle and the chocolate will flake off of the bottle. No need for scrubbing or soaking, the chocolate comes right off.
- Have you molded chocolate ready before dipping the Oreos. You will be able to stick the molded chocolate right on top of the Oreo without needing to “Glue” it with excess chocolate.
These cute treats are perfect for taking into a school party, making for your family or taking into work. Everyone is sure to love America’s favorite cookie with a little pizzaz!