Since I’ve been doing Take Shape for Life for several months now, the closest diet plan that aligns with that way of eating is Paleo. You all know that I recommend using eMeals. It’s so simple, they do everything for you. eMeals offers a Paleo Meal Plan to make this way of life super easy! Here is one of their delicious recipes from that plan.
Veggie Smothered Burgers
- 11/2 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or use avocado oil)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (8-oz) pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot
- 2/3 cup organic chicken broth (from a can; reserve remainder for Meatball Soup recipe)
Combine ground beef, seasoning and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl.
Shape into 6 patties.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp salt; cook 5 minutes.
Stir together arrowroot and broth. Add broth mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
Top burgers with vegetables.