- Know where to shop: Don’t just shop anywhere when it comes to buying a new to you car, know where to shop and this will help a lot! If your shopping for a Jeep, try East Hills Jeep.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate with the dealer: Just because the dealer puts a price on the vehicle, it doesn’t mean you need to pay that price. Don’t be afraid to negotiate, you’ll save a few bucks this way.
- Have a better offer in hand from another dealer: If you know you want a certain car from a dealer, bring in an offer from another dealer and watch them squirm.
- Know when the right time to buy a car is: There are car dealerships that actually do time their sales just right. Sometimes it’s all about knowing when the right time to buy a car is.
- Have financing already done: You don’t have to go through the dealership to do financing. You can get your financing directly from a bank. Though, I do recommend you budget for this purchase and not rely too heavily on financing.
- Ask for a carfax report: It’s important that you know exactly what’s been going on with the vehicle you’re about to purchase. Always ask for a report of the vehicle before you buy it, especially used.
- Go with a car place you trust: Another great tip for buying a new to you car is to always go with a place you trust. Run like a mad man if they give you a creepy feeling.
- Know as much as you can about the car you want to purchase: You will know you are not getting sold a lemon by knowing a lot about the car you want to purchase. There’s nothing wrong with being prepared and knowing what you are looking for in a vehicle.
- Ask an opinion from a friend: It’s always best to ask for another opinion before you buy. It’s doubtful that the vehicle will sell out from under your feet, so you always have time to ask for someone else’s opinion on the matter of the vehicle.
Buying a new to you car is something that should be a positive experience. Do you have any tips for buying a new to you vehicle? I’d love to hear your tips!