Disclosure: Rug Doctor sent me a product to facilitate my review. All experiences and opinions are my own. Yours may differ.
When we bought our house it was a foreclosure. A really nice foreclosure. All we needed to do was have the carpets cleaned and move in. There were little holes in the walls from all the TVs they had in almost every room, but besides that this place was perfect! We have now lived here for almost 3 years and my carpet is beginning to wonder if it will ever be clean again.
I was so happy when the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
arrived at my house. I have more than a few spots that need the doctor! After consulting the directions I was ready to get started cleaning up!
There are several things you need to do to get started with the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner.
- Take a dab of the cleaning solution and spot check the area you want cleaned. Better safe than sorry to make sure the cleaning solution doesn’t have a bad reaction with what you want cleaned.
- Make the cleaning solution. Included in the box is a bottle of cleaning solution. Simply fill the water canister to the water line, then add soap to the soap line and you are ready!
- Vacuum the area of carpet you want to clean. Make sure to get all the dirt off the carpet so it is ready to be cleaned.
- Clean! Using the wand you can spray the solution over the area of carpet you want cleaned. Then turn on the wand bristles to aid in the scrubbing.
- Use the wand to suck up the excess water to aid in drying.
Downstairs in my house is where all my kids toys are. This is where we mostly hang out together because we have a big, open family room. Since this room has the most use it makes sense it has the most spots as well. This blue one has been bothering me for months. I think it came from a slobbery fruit snack being ground into the carpet. Whatever it was, I was excited to take it on with the Rug Doctor.
At first I was nervous because once I sprayed the solution on the spot it got bigger and darker, but once I started scrubbing with the wand it started lightening up right away. With a little elbow grease, assisted by the power scrubbing the spot was gone in a few minutes.
After working on my stairs and the blue spot downstairs, check out how dirty the water is in the collection canister. I love cleaning in a way that I can see the crud being removed from my home. I look forward to a long relationship with my Rug Doctor cleaning up anything that might make my carpets look less than new!