Disclosure: This sponsored post was brought to your by JJ’s House.
When special events happen you want to be prepared with the most perfect dress. Events like Homecoming, Prom, Graduation, a wedding and other special occasions call for the perfect dress. Websites like JJshouse.com can help if you are doing your shopping online. Here are a few things to consider when shopping for that dress.
- Color. If you have a date, talk about what color scheme you want to go with. You will make quite the impression if you and your date have coordinating colors in your clothes plus any flowers you might be carrying. Have this discussion well ahead of time so you can be flexible incase your first color choice doesn’t work out.
- Style. Are you going for classy? Elegant? Do you want a puffy princess ball gown or a slim fitting gown? Think about what impression you want to have for this particular event. Maybe you will even take a chance and wear something bold from your usual style.
- How dressy is it? Make sure whatever the special occasion is that you know how dressy you need to be. If you are attending an event that is formal, then dress in a formal gown. If the event is nice casual, or business, you will look out of place showing up in a formal dress. Regardless of what type of dress you want to wear, make sure it matches the occasion. I once attended a nice causal event and one of my colleagues dress in a ball gown. She was the talk of the event for all the wrong reasons.
- Set your budget. Know how much you can spend on this dress and stick to it! It can be tempting to get a dress beyond your budget, but it isn’t smart. STAY in budget. It is important to take ownership of something as important as a budget.
- Have fun! This is a special occasion for a reason, so have fun preparing for it. You want to have happy memories of this occasion so take the stress out of it by shopping early and making it fun.