I received a complimentary house cleaning in exchange for a review of Zaarly’s services. All opinions are completely my own.
The holidays are creeping up on us and it’s time to get things in order. For a lot of people this means parties, dinners, guests, friends and family and more! Chances are your house will be hosting at least some kind of gathering in the month of December, so let’s get organized, cleaned and ready to go right now!
Here are some of my tips for getting your house spotless for all your holiday celebrations:
- Take it room by room. Looking at your house as a whole project might seem overwhelming. Take it room by room. I like to go into one bedroom or room of the house, close the door (if there is one) and focus. It’s so easy to get distracted by all the other things to clean, so stay attentive to your one assigned space for the day.
- Designate specific days for cleaning. This goes along with tip #1. Make each room have a specific day to clean so you have a future plan. Monday is your bedroom, Tuesday is the bathroom, Wednesday is the Kitchen, etc. Then you know everything will get cleaned once a week and, therefore, can never get too out of control.
- When you get something out, put it away as soon as your done. I can’t tell you how many times my kids, husband, or myself has gotten something out like a toy, craft project, files, clothes, etc and then didn’t put it away right when we were done. These things add up to massive clutter. Put things away when you are done. It’s easier to do it one at a time then letting the clutter build and then having a ton of things to put away.
- Pump the tunes! Turn up the music and have some fun while cleaning. I love to belt out show tunes when my older kids are at school. My toddler things it’s hilarious so I can entertain him while I scrub away!
- Donate your unwanted items. As you are going through each room, carry a box of trash bag so you can place your unwanted, gently used items in them. Once you have a nice pile, take it to your local thrift store to donate. You will be cleaning out your house and helping others all at once!
- Get your children involved. My two older kids have their own “jobs” that they must complete weekly. They are 5 and 9 years old and so they are very capable of being very helpful. With extra hands to help, cleaning up should fly by!
- Hire it out! The holidays are a very busy time. If you don’t have to time to make your house spotless or lack the motivation to get it done, hire it out. Zaarly offers a money back guarantee on the service professionals they recommend. If you live in the Kansas City area or San Fransisco, check out Zaarly and see how their house cleaners can make your life a lot easier! If you are interested in trying out their services, sign up through this link and you will get a $25 credit! That’s $25 free dollars to use towards cleaning, or any other service Zaarly offers!
I recently had house cleaners from Zaarly come clean my home. I was nervous about it because I had never had my house cleaned by anyone before. I hired Laura Estes from the Zaarly website. Her and a crew of 3 additional workers descended on my house and make it sparkle and shine in about 2 hours. They were professional, efficient with their time and very effective. It was so amazing to have such a beautiful home fully cleaned. As I walked from room to room I got teary because my house is rarely that beautifully clean. With 3 kids there is always a mess somewhere. Laura was amazing and her team would come back and maintain my home as often as I would like. With personalized service you can have your house cleaned once just in time for a big party, or set up a consistent schedule.
Not looking for house cleaners? Zaarly also recommends lawn care specialists and handyman services. Browser their recommended professionals, see different packages you are interested, ask questions and hire! I am so pleased with my housecleaning from Zaarly, that I’ll be hiring from there in the future.