- White solid Christmas Ornaments
- Red paint
- Cardboard or newspaper for drying
- Black Vinyl (or paint if you have a steady hand)
- White sticker paper (or paint)
- Remove top of ornament that contains the “hanger.”
- Pour red paint in a bowl or cup. You’ll need several inches of paint in your container so it is thick enough to dip the top half of the ornament.
- Use cardboard to place drying ornaments. *PRO TIP: I found an old cardboard box, stuck 3 toothpicks in it and then placed the ornament over the toothpicks to hold it upright as the paint will drip.*
- Once dry cut thin strips of vinyl to wrap around the ball. You can also use black paint if you have a stead enough hand. This black line will essentially cut the ball in half.
- Cut out little black circles with the vinyl (or paint) and place in the middle, front of the ornament.
- Using a hole punch to cut out white sticker paper (or white paint) place white circles in center of black circles. This creates the “button” on the Poke Ball.
So cute right? With one pack of ornaments you can amok several Poke Balls to have a themed tree, for your child’s tree or to hand out to friends. This is so easy it would also be a quick way to make a gift for all the kids in your child’s class. Whatever reason you have to make DIY Poke Ball Christmas ornaments, I hope you have a Happy Holidays!