This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
What is a “BOO kit”? It is a bag of treats with a note explaining they have been “BOO’d” and to pass it on (#BOOItForward)! It is meant to be a fun and tasty act of kindness that can snowball so that a lot of people feel loved. Now is the perfect time to begin your “BOO’ing” so that over the next couple of weeks until Halloween it can spread and as many people as possible can receive this tasty act of kindness.
How to make your own BOO kit
- White paper bags
- Favorite candy of your choice (I used Chocolate Mix Fun Size and Wrigley Monster Stash 315ct)
- 8 oz Halloween cans of 7UP®, A&W, Canada Dry or Sunkist® (these cute little Halloween cans have monsters on them and perfectly fit the theme of a Boo kit)
- Print the “BOO” Card provided by MARS.
- Printable Ghost faces – download, print and cut out to glue on your bags.
Once you have gathered all your supplies, making the ghost bags are easy. You can print and cut out the faces I have provided, use them as a guide to draw on the faces or let your kids create whatever kind of ghosts they want!
We are going to BOO my children’s friends. We made a list of some friends they would like to surprise with these tasty BOO kits. Assembly is easy. Take into account how many people will be enjoying the goodies inside and plan accordingly. We wanted every person to have a little soda can and several pieces of candy. Stuff the ghost bags with all the candy and soda you need and be sure to print the BOO card. This how to get the MARS BOO card. Visit the MARS site and:
- Cut out this “We’ve been BOO’d sign.
- Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together.
- Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
We decided that to BOO our friends we would leave the kit on the porch, ring the doorbell and run! We wanted these little gifts to be anonymous (though the blog post may give us away).
Who would you like to #BooItForward to this year? Need ideas for your BOO kit? There are fun ones here. For more fun check out this #booitforwardsweepstakes.