Cheddar Biscuits Recipe – Red Lobster Copy Cat Recipe
I have been craving the biscuits from Red Lobster, but didn’t want to go pay for a dinner there. We aren’t huge seafood fans! Yesterday the urge was strong enough that I googled the recipe and found a couple options. After contemplating their differences I decided this recipe was probably the closest to the real thing. It was super easy and I had all the ingredients already in my cupboard! These are SUPER good. It made 18 rolls, I made them for dinner last night, and they are all GONE!
2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Bush on Top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don’t want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don’t over mix.
3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.
Recipe courtesy of Todd Wilbur, “Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2,” Plume Books.