I’d love to share a recipe of my favorite easy to make homemade cookies that are just perfect for trips, picnics or get-togethers, with your family and friends. I tried out this apricot and oat cookies recipe at one of my parties and my friends just loved it – in fact they made sure that they got their hands on the recipe. The thing that is particularly great about this recipe is that the dried apricots and oat cookies made with a new fashioned twist is hard to resist. Can’t wait anymore more? Well, here is the recipe. Hope you will enjoy it:
Ingredients you’ll need (For about 20 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups (140g) quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup (140g) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 200g chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cardamom or ground cinnamon
Let’s start now: Method of preparation
Here is how you go about making these dried apricot and oat cookies –
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Now take two baking trays and line them with non-stick paper.
- Take a bowl and put the rolled oats, apricots, sugar and flour in it.
- Now take a heat proof bowl and pour in the golden syrup, baking powderand1/4 cup of boiling water. Stir it properly until well combined. Now set it aside for around 2 to 3 minutes. Next, add some butter and stir it again.
- Now add this golden syrup mixture to the first bowl containing the dry ingredients. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Keep it aside and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Roll spoonfuls of this final mix into balls and place them in the lined baking trays. Bake the cookies for around 15 to 18 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer the baked cookies to a wire rack. Set it to cool for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Your apricot and oat cookies ready to enjoy!
Nutritional Information: 1 cookie contains 12.5g of fat, 84mg of sodium, 29g of carbs, 3g of fiber and 2.61g of protein.
Expert Tip: Use old fashioned oats instead of quick cooking oats for thin and lacy cookies. You could also put some curls of orange zest as topping on your cookies or you could add some coconut, cinnamon or walnuts to the mix. Walnuts will add extra texture and cinnamon and coconut will give extra flavor to your cookies.
So go ahead and try out this recipe today. I know you will love it.
About the Author: Hi, this is Allen Jennifer from Livesnet, a site devoted to helping people find the perfect baby gears for their needs, and offer tips on daily problems. I love to write about parenting and baby product reviews. Why not visit our website to see my hot reviews on Britax marathon 70 car seat and mamas and papas stroller.