1. Each child has a morning routine. When they wake up they eat breakfast, clean their room, practice the piano and do several pages in their educational workbook. I have found that my kids actually don’t mind doing the workbook and I enjoy that they are keeping their skills sharp for school.
2. Play time! Now is the time to be create and use their imagination. Play-Doh has some awesome new kits that my children have loved playing with. We have gotten out one a week and now they have all the sets to play with. I’ve relinquished control over the Play-Doh so if they are mixing colors, it’s their problem not mine. Our favorite kits are:
- My Little Pony Cutie Mark Creators
- My Little Pony Rainbow Dash Style Salon
- Play-Doh Smashdown Hulk
- Play-Doh Disguise Lab Dispicable Me Minion Play Set
Of course there are other fun toys that don’t have the potential mess that Play-Doh does. My daughter really enjoyed the My Little Pony Cutie Mark Magic Glamour Glow Rarity Figure.
3. Once all the cleaning, learning and creating are done it’s ok for my kids to take a break and watch a show or a movie. My kids love popcorn so I’ll pop a bag and they can enjoy a little rest with popcorn and a show. Now is also a great time to enjoy a popsicle outdoors, which leads perfectly into…
4. Get moving outdoors! Once my husband gets home from work we enjoy family time outside! It’s time for playing hop scotch, riding bikes and outdoor toys. I have loved bringing back my childhood with this awesome TWISTER MOVES SKIP-IT from Hasbro! I had the original Skip It growing up so it’s super fun to get my kids playing with the newly improved version (available for $19.99 at nationwide retailers and online at HasbroToyShop.com).
Do you have a summer routine? What are your kids’ favorite ways to survive the summer?