Zaycon Foods provided me with complimentary products. The opinions I have expressed are my own. #ad #sponsored
Here are 5 reasons I love Zaycon Fresh and recommend them to you:
- Pre-order and prepare. Shopping for meat on the Zaycon Fresh website is easy. Shop by-product or by location. See when an “event” is happening near you and pre-order your meat. Since you can purchase weeks to months out, you have time to prepare for the meat. I like to get my freezer cleaned out so I have plenty of space. I also get freezer recipes ready so I can prepare meals along with bags of plain meat.
- There’s a location near you! Zaycon Fresh holds “events” which are the dates and times when a certain meat is available for pick up. I love that there are events just down the street from my house. It’s convenient for me to pick up my bulk, fresh meat. This last time they even had extras of some ham they were offering at a huge discount! I guess you never know when you’ll be surprised by a big bonus!
- High quality meat at affordable prices. Though you are buying the meat in bulk, which creates a high price tag up front, when you look at the cost per pound Zaycon Fresh is beating grocery store prices. Also, their meat is more fresh and the best tasting I’ve ever had. These are high quality products!
- Convenience of packaging your way. The ground beef came in tubes of approximately 10 pounds of lean meat. Because most recipes call for 1 pound of ground beef, we cut the meat into 10 pieces, bagged then, flattened them and neatly organized them in my freezer. I love having tons of meat to prepare the way I want.
- Since there is so much meat, it’s easy to experiment with new recipes! When I got the 40 pounds of chicken a couple of years ago I had so much fun finding freezer meal recipes. I prepared 9 freezer meals and then still had 13 bags of plain chicken to use for other purposes. This time I looked up recipes for meatloaf, meatballs and hamburger patties. I found they were all pretty similar from the sites I was searching so I got out the meatloaf recipe from my Mother in law and mixed up 5 pounds of meat. From that mixture I created a meatloaf, several hamburger patties and meatballs.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 egg
- 2 sliced bread – cubed (I usually use 1/2 cup crushed Saltines)
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sale
- Chili Sauce (or alternately 1/2 cup ketchup and 2 TBS brown sugar, mixed together)
Place meat in large bowl. Add al ingredients and mix with hands. Shape into a loaf (or desired shape, make a heart at Valentine’s Day!) With knife handle make 6 diagonal lines in top of loaf and fill with chili sauce (or alternate sweet ketchup). Bake 350° for an hour.
Don’t miss an amazing sale on quality meat coming to a location near you. Browse the Zaycon Fresh site now and see what yummy things you can look forward too.